Daily Bread

One week into the Lenten season and my heart is peaceful today. A day of little and a day of abundance.

Give us this day our daily bread. 

Sometimes the most abundant days are found in the smallest of places.

My girls are on a mini-vacation at Grammy and Papa's, affording Mark and I our own mini-vacation at home.

Today began in quiet, only the sounds of a small boy nestled close. Sweet sounds.

We rose together, took our time with the day's preparations.  Paid attention.

There is sacred space that lives between a mama and her child. Maybe it has to do with the physical space we once shared, one life tucked inside another.  Or maybe it's the love-bond that comes after the birth, that grows and changes as our children do. Maybe it's both. Whatever its root, that sacred space is why I love one-on-one time with each of my kids. Three different kinds of spaces. All beautiful, varied, and rich.

Today little brother and I filled our sacred space with lots of cuddles, smiles, and aha moments.

I've had rare time to stop and watch. I find my baby boy grown to a toddler... 

Watch him fold his hands to pray with his parents at Sunday dinner. How long has he been doing that and we never noticed? Watch him sleep. Watch him delight in the sun rising on a new day. Watch him smile under the warm rain of the shower, then shudder with the cold of leaving it. Watch him attempt new things--standing without holding on to something. He tried! He discovered he needs a little more practice.

We played, I cleaned and read while he napped, we ran errands and got him a big boy haircut. And now here I am, thinking over the past week of Lent, what we did well, what we didn't.

More on this soon. For now, enjoy the fruits of our morning.

Warm spot in the sun after a shower


A favorite hangout




Comments

Popular Posts